Thank you so much to Liz from January Girl for nominating Stepmomming for the Blogger Recognition Award! It’s a wonderful feeling to know that people in the blogging community are noticing the hard work we put in to making Stepmomming a resource for women and parents all over the world.
The Blogger Recognition Award
This award is given to bloggers from other bloggers in the community who deserve to be recognized for their hard work and appreciated for all that they do.
After being nominated, the blogger is supposed to:
• Write a post about their award.
• Give a brief story of how they started their blog.
• Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
• Thank whoever nominated them and link back to their blog.
• Select and notify 15 other blogs they want to give the award to.
How the Blog Started
Back in 2016 after I had my second daughter and was going to be a stay at home mom, I created this website (originally founded as Kandy Apple Mama) as a creative outlet. I wanted a place to share my experience as a young, divorced mother, and all the fun crafts and projects I planned on doing with my kids. Little did I know how much I was getting into! I dove into the world of blogging, hoping to turn it into a full blown business. There was so much I wanted to tackle, I started confiding in my daughter’s stepmom, Kristen, about all I had planned and the roadblocks I was facing. She was so intrigued by the idea that you can actually make a living off of a blog, she asked if she could lend a hand! From there, things took off! We became official business partners and created Kandy Apple Mama, LLC. We honed in on the parenting niche and started focusing on co-parenting, motherhood, and stepparenting – and we’ve never looked back!
If I could give any 2 pieces of advice to new bloggers, I would say:
- Take your time, and do things right. If I knew in the beginning what I know now, I would have started preparing the back end of the blog a long time ago. When I began this journey, I was soaking up all the information I could at an insane pace. It would have been much easier on my sleep schedule had I paced myself!
- Find what makes you different, and use that. For us, the fact that a mom and stepmom actually get along enough to blog together, is what makes us unique. I remember not long after we teamed up, Top Mommy Blogs gave us a shout on Twitter about it. It’s definitely what sets us apart.
My Nominees Are:
Thanks for checking in everyone! And thank you again, Liz, for nominating us for the Blogger Recognition Award!