This post was sponsored by Look Beyond as part of an Influence Central campaign and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Me Time for Moms is critical for maintaining a clear head and a full heart. I 100% understand that it’s difficult. There aren’t enough hours in the day to get everything done that needs to get done – so forget spending time on something as frivolous as “me time.” But it is so important! When we’re drained, stressed, and burned out, we can’t give our families our all; it’s imperative that we refresh. Need help finding time? Here are 4 ways to gain some downtime today! Once you’ve carved out that special time for just you, capitalize on it! Take full advantage of me time.
45 Ideas for Me Time for Moms
- Take a spa day
- Give yourself a mani/pedi or head to the salon!
- Lay by the pool
- Read a book
- Take a nap
- Watch TV or a movie
- Go out for a night with girlfriends
- Enjoy a glass of wine
- Get a foot massage (Reflexology is seriously amazing)
- Go for a run
- Attend a yoga class
- Call your mom, sister, or best friend
- Go see a movie
- Attend a theatrical performance
- Get caught up on the latest celebrity gossip (whether on Blind Gossip or by magazine!)
- Bake something special for yourself
- Color in your coloring book
- Take a bath
- Go for a drive
- Write something
- Take a walk
- Look through old photos and reminisce
- Treat yourself with a pretty bouquet
- Turn off your phone
- Try a new craft
- Have an impromptu dance party
- Meditate (Here’s how to meditate if you’ve never done it before!)
- Sit outside and watch the world
- Get a blow out (love this testimonial to the power of a blow out by The Ashmores Blog)
- Craft or scrapbook
- Peruse Pinterest
- Put together a puzzle
- Play a game
- Visit the library
- Do a crossword puzzle, sudoku, or word search
- Write out your bucket list
- Do some online shopping
- Make a vision board (Here’s how to get started!)
- Clean out your closet – out with the old, in with the new!
- Try a new tutorial – Makeup or Hair on YouTube, or Recipe on Tasty
- Sign up for a class
- Sing at the top of your lungs
- Do nothing (my personal favorite)
The Me Time Challenge
For the next 30 days, I want you to be intentional about carving out time for yourself each day. Whether it’s slipping into your room 30 minutes early to watch one of your shows before bed, picking up a little something extra for your stocking (yes – your own stocking), or simply enjoying a cup of coffee or a bubble bath by yourself, be intentional about carving out me time each day.
Hashtag your photos with #metime30 so we can support you along the way! I’ll be participating and will need encouragement, too!
The point of this is NOT to stress you out further. If you miss a day, no sweat! Just pick back up the next day. The intent of the challenge is to be more aware of opportunities to put yourself first occasionally. You can’t properly serve your family if you’re not at 100%.
Looking Beyond Relaxation
As I glance at my list of Me Time activities for moms, I can’t help but realize so many of them wouldn’t be possible without the natural gas and oil industries. I’ve shared before (Hosting the Greatest House Divided Tailgate) that many of my family members work in these industries, and I hadn’t realized how prevalent these items were in my daily life!
Looking back, I see my iPad I’ll use for Pinterest, my favorite fuzzy polyester blanket, my yoga mat, my coffee maker, and even my nail polish are all derived from the natural gas and oil industries. Any products made of plastic, rubber, vinyl, asphalt, or synthetic fibers likenylon and polyester are derived from petroleum. Look Beyond is an initiative dedicated to spreading awareness of the importance (and prevalence!) of these industries.
Pretty neat, huh?
I can’t wait to embark on this challenge with all of you!
Cheers to a successful #metime30!