There’s no denying that your little girl is growing up too fast. Cherish your time with her and go for a date!
We’ve provided a list of 75 mommy daughter’s day ideas that are guaranteed to be a hit! The dates range from casual and free to more extravagant and pricey. No matter your budget or desired quality time with your daughter, you’ll find a fun idea below!
Pro Tip: You can always find great ideas on Groupon (Plus get even more cash back when you use Rakuten to purchase the deal) for way less than retail price!
What is a Mommy Daughter’s Day?
I mentioned in my stepmom post that K and I always make time for just the two of us. I work full-time in a corporate position, but I was blessed with the most flexible boss that would allow me to work from home one day each week during the summer while K was home from school. We were able to experience so many amazing playdates on those special daughter’s days.
A daughter’s day is simply a day where it’s girls only, no boys allowed! Take your daughter out or stay in – it doesn’t matter which! – just make sure that it’s just the girls and that she’s getting special 1:1 time with her Mama. She needs that special bond with her mom, so make time for her. It doesn’t have to be extravagant (but it can be!).
She will think it’s fancy enough just having special time with you.
What should we do?
I thought you’d never ask! Here are 75 super fun ideas for things you can try on a Daughter’s Day! I haven’t tried them all, but I’ve definitely tried my fair share. Remember: it’s not how much money you spend – it’s how much quality time you spend with your little. Pick a date that works for you and your budget, and I promise you that your daughter is going to have the time of her life.
One of my absolute favorite memories growing up is one night when I was about 5 and Mom brought home a new fryer. It was this crazy contraption that was so interesting to a 5-year-old. She and my sister loved cheese sticks, so we spent an hour frying up cheese sticks and eating them. It was just the 3 of us, and it was a night of laughter and smiles. I don’t remember what we talked about, or how much we ate, or if the fryer was fancy or cheap. I just remember the overwhelming joy in my heart being able to spend such quality time with my mom. Those are the memories your daughter will remember.
1. Find a photo booth and take silly photos
2. Go to the trampoline park
3. Go monkey around at a bounce house playplace
4. Enjoy some frozen yogurt together
5. Paint pottery
6. Play at the local park/playground
7. Visit the hair salon
8. Peruse the local book store
9. Pick out a bouquet together at the flower shop
10. Grab some popcorn and watch a movie
11. Go to the zoo
12. Walk around the neighborhood and play Pokemon Go
13. Go to the aquarium
14. Visit the children’s museum
15. Visit an art museum
16. Go to a painting class
17. Play putt-putt
18. Mani/Pedis at the nail salon
19. Race go-karts
20. Tell family stories – she’ll LOVE hearing about when you were a little girl
21. Go for a hike
22. Play at an arcade
23. Go to the library
24. Go bowling
25. Bake cookies
26. Go to the water park
27. Attend a play, musical, or other show
28. Go to the swimming pool
29. Glow in the dark mini golf
30. Go to a puppet show
31. Grab your skates and head to the skating rink
32. Attend open play at your local gymnastics gym
33. Go rock climbing
34. Grab a blanket and stargaze
35. Take her to her favorite restaurant
36. Make handmade cards for patients at the children’s hospital
37. Find a local obstacle course like Little Ninjas, Safari Run, or Going Bonkers
38. Go out for ice cream
39. American Girl café
40. Pick fruit at a local farm
41. Make jewelry together
42. Dress up for a mommy daughter photoshoot
43. Head to your local amusement park (Six Flags, Legoland)
44. Grab a game at Top Golf
45. Peruse the hallways at your local craft store
46. Give each other makeovers
47. Find a place to lie down and look for shapes in the clouds
48. Take her shopping!
49. Enjoy a smoothie together
50. See Disney on Ice
51. Each draw a photo of the two of you together and exchange
52. Visit Grandma
53. Shop for items to donate to the food bank, women’s shelter, or other local charity
54. Go to Build a Bear
55. Head to the local coffee shop – you can get your latte, while your little grabs a smoothie or hot chocolate
56. Get all of your board games out and have a game night
57. Have a dance party
58. Attend the local farmer’s market
59. Make a sundae bar
60. Go for a picnic
61. Host a fashion show
62. Create a blanket fort (aka, Girls Club)
63. Do a scavenger hunt
64. Tour a local college campus and let her dream about the classes she’ll take one day
65. Watch the sunset
67. Roast marshmallows and enjoy s’mores
68. Go to the petting farm
69. Put a puzzle together
70. Take a class together
71. Stay a night at a hotel
72. Paint with nail polish together (Find out how here)
73. Play video games together
74. Plant a garden
75. Go for a drive – woohoo, road trip!
They may forget what you said — but they will never forget how you made them feel.
—Carl W. Buehner
Have fun, Mamas! We sure love our time with our little ones – don’t forget to cherish today before tomorrow comes!
If we’re missing a date idea, share it with us in the comments!
P.S. Have you checked out this incredible pass for activities to do with your family?